First quarter update on state’s voucher program provides data on students, schools and savings
On Tuesday, October 9, 2012, the Pelican Institute for Public Policy released a progress report on the Louisiana Scholarship Program. The report provides information and data about scholarship students, scholarship schools and scholarship savings. The report also provides a timeline of implementation since the landmark legislation was signed into law by Governor Bobby Jindal earlier this year. The Louisiana Scholarship Program provides low income families with the opportunity to choose a public or private school that meets the needs of their children and will best prepare them for college and careers.
- Louisiana Legislature Prepares to Debate Expansion of Voucher Program
- Louisiana Voucher Applications Roll Forward Despite Union Lawsuits
- Commentary: Congress Poised to Reauthorize Wildly Successful DC Voucher Program
- Pelican Institute Study Shows Louisiana Students Can Benefit from More School Choice
- Louisiana Teachers Union Threatens Voucher Schools with Litigation